Hey guys, Huron here again, man has it been a while. I have to admit that taking it easy has some advantages (though once you see my list of what I have been up to, you will question if I have been taking it easy), no deadlines, no models I have to have painted, no worries about not having X hobby thing painted, etc.
I has allowed me to find the time to play more and different games, which has lead me to rediscover board games and non-collectible card games and things of that nature. With December coming to a close however, I think it is about time to get back on the horse, set some goals, come up with a plan, and get to work. For one, there is a new 40K tournament season starting just around the corner. I said last year that my Griffons were under powered in the current meta in my area by the end of last season so I was going to do a new army for this season.
Additionally, I have put back on the black in the last few weeks and stepped up at my local LGS Huzzah Hobbies as a Pressganger again. That means catching up on what I have missed over the last 2 years and probably painting up some new demo sets and a new 35-50pt army to use.
Bah, there is to much to write down in paragraph form, so in comes a good old list.
What I have been up/Going to be up to in early 2011.
- Started Flames of War - Late War Russians
- Started Uncharted Seas - Shroud Mages
- Started Dystopian Wars - Japanese
- Started playing/Purchased Dominion (Deck Building Card Game)
- Started playing/Purchased Resident Evil's new Deck Building Card Game
- Purchased Invasion from Outer Space Board Game (From Flying From Productions)
- Started playing/Purchased Wings of War base game and 2 planes
- Dabbling with getting back into Monpoc
- Reactivated myself as a Pressganger for Privateer Press and started organizing a new League and Tournament for Warmachine/Hordes
- Stopped playing Malifaux, we will see if I get back in, in Jan 2011.
- I am in week 3 of a Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League that will be running through February
- Played some Apoc recently, has me thinking about getting my Blood Angels finished so I have a new army to play with short term
- In the conceptual and testing build phase for a Steam-Punk Ork 40k army I am thinking about build to use at the Nova Open next August. Was 100% sold on the idea until I figured out what it would cost to create 3 Ork Battlewagon Steam Trains, now rethinking possibly or doing some revising.
- Scatter Brained and starting new projects or wanting to finish old projects or something else every other day it seems.