Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Plan

Hey guys, Huron rolling in for another post. Sorry, no video battle reports yet, I know I promised Tuesday but my evenings have been full of recovering from the Nova Open, Malifaux, and Warhammer Fantasy so I have not had time to get the editing I need to do done. That said check back tomorrow as I plan to get some serious editing done this evening.

So I have a plan. Is it a good plan? Is it a plan I will stick to? I am not sure of either but it is a plan none the less.
  1. Finish painting Malifaux Outcasts and 2k of BAs I was working on last week. Build some terrain for Malifaux.
  2. Really 1b, try out the marine list Stelek devised for me in 5-10 games to see how viable they are and how well I can adopt/figure out the suggested tactics. I need to build a Captain on Bike for the army as well.
  3. Finish painting the 2.5k of Lizardmen I have floating around. Also begin building and prepping the models that I need to paint for final 2k Griffons list based on list Stelek proposed that I have now tested.
  4. Paint up Griffons while playing some test games with Blood Angels.
  5. Start working on Malifaux Resurrections/ Other Projects
  6. Profit!
So that is my plan, well maybe not the profit part, but man I sure wish I could figure out how to add that one in for real.

Let me know what you think of my plan, and what the odds are I can stick to it. If the odds are interesting enough I might just put something down on them.

8 comments:

  1. Is the Stelek list a secret or are you going to share it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan. A very busy good plan, but a very good plan. You shall be extremely busy that is for sure.

    @Eriochrome: the list is on YTTH. Here is a link: http://www.yesthetruthhurts.com/2010/08/howling-griffons-help.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry Eriochrome, here you go:

    2000 Pts - Space Marines Roster - Howling Griffons for Jay

    1 Space Marine Captain @ 160 pts (...in Power Armour)
    1 ...in Power Armour (Space Marine Bike; Combi-Meltagun x1; Lightning Claw x1)
    1 Space Marine Bike

    4 Terminator Assault Squad @ 200 pts (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4)
    1 Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1)

    4 Terminator Squad @ 230 pts (Cyclone Missile Launcher)
    1 Sergeant

    3 Space Marine Bike Squad @ 175 pts (Flamer x2; Attack Bike)
    1 Attack Bike (Multi-Melta)
    1 Sergeant

    3 Space Marine Bike Squad @ 175 pts (Flamer x2; Attack Bike)
    1 Attack Bike (Multi-Melta)
    1 Sergeant

    9 Tactical Squad @ 220 pts (Meltagun; Multi-Melta; Rhino)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1)
    1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

    9 Tactical Squad @ 220 pts (Meltagun; Multi-Melta; Rhino)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1)
    1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

    1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 70 pts (Heavy Flamer x1; Multi-Melta x1)

    1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 90 pts (Typhoon Missile Launcher x1)

    1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 90 pts (Typhoon Missile Launcher x1)

    4 Devastator Squad @ 185 pts (Missile Launcher x4; Rhino)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
    1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

    4 Devastator Squad @ 185 pts (Missile Launcher x4; Rhino)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
    1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

    Total Roster Cost: 2000

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overall, I like the look of that list. It doesn't have the "over-the-top" feel that playing with a special character does. Now I know that special characters unlock chapter specific goodies, but I still think the regular captain and chapter master are winnable characters. The only thing I notice about this list, it feels kind of fragile. But that could justbe my first imnpression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good plan. I'll be curious how the list works out -- might even volunteer to be a target of it. I'd definitely give it time to suss out the tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Eldar and now 'nids that are willing to be pummeled in the name of tuning the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the plan.
    It'll be easy to stick to it without a timeline ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why yes, yes it is. I have been hard a work playing games recently. ;) I do have half the outcast done though.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts