Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Battle Report 5, vs Chris T's Ultramarines

Hey guys, Huron here. Time for another battle report, but first...

The year is ending fast with only 2 more days left (including today). Check out my blog tomorrow for a video about what is to come using my new HD Camera and find out about my gaming resolutions for the new year. 2010 is going to be a busy year for me as I shoot for 150+ blog entries during the course of the year. The majority of this massive number of posts will be taken up by 2 regular weekly features. First, Tutorial Tuesday will feature a new tutorial every Tuesday in 2010. I will be covering all sort of topics from how I paint various things like my How to Paint Howling Griffons series which is what I will be starting with to more focused tutorials on things like weathering models and applying decals. I have already laid out the plans for one such article which is going to focus entirely on Rust.

On Fridays you will be getting a 2010 weekly update video, where I will share what projects I am working on, talk out plans for the future, and share with you the Battle reports that have already become a key part of my blog. The rest of the time expect army lists, discussion topics, battle plans, tournament reports, and a whole slew of other things to be added as 2010 goes on. It is going to be a good year.

But lets talk Battle Report. Chris is probably my oldest 40K Nemesis. We started playing against each other back in 2000 and the rivalry between his Ultramarines an my Chaos is legendary. We have played several mini campaigns and story archs over the years that have effected the background and story of our two armies. Chris is the ultimate 40K collector and over the last 10 years has collected and painted many 40K armies but nothing compares to his Ultramarines Army. He owns the full Chapter, all the marines, all the vehicles, all the way down to 3 FW Thunderhawks. And the craziest part of all of it is that everything is painted. Chris is the only gamer I have ever known that who can just paint and paint and paint and get stuff done. Chris can crank out great looking minis in an amazingly short amount of time. While probably not a Golden Daemon level paint job (though he can paint to that level if he chooses), his models are very detailed and painted to an very high table top or better standard. If I can ever get him to start blogging regularly I will be pointing out his blog to all of you pretty quickly. But enough talk, time to get fighting.

Howling Griffons vs Ultramarines, part 1


Howling Griffons vs Ultramarines, part 2



Okay guys, well that is it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for at glimpse of what 2010 holds for the Blood and Blades!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts