Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bah Bah Stormraven!

Hey Guys, Huron here again.  Well last month for a joint motivational thread on a forum I post on regularly, The Painted Dragon, I decided to paint a Blood Angels Stormraven that I had sitting around.  I started working on it and found it to be a total nightmare.  The kit must have been warped as nothing went together right.  I ended up having to glue this bad boy shut and then still head to spend several days filling gaps in the body and fixing cracks and damage cause by all the excess glue I had to use to get it to say together.  Thank god for Liquid Green Stuff.


Well after a bit of work I finally got this bad boy ready for prime and paint.



One of the things I decided to do differently was modify the turret and leave the engine exhaust off the top of the mini.  Originally I had wanted to use a FW Razorback turret but instead opted to go with the modified turret you see here because of time and cost.


After priming the mini up and spending a bit of time with my airbrush I had the beginnings of what I think will be a nice looking model.  Here is a Work In Progress shot of what the model looked like after airbrushing and some basecoating with P3 Coal Black was complete.


Still lots to do after this stage.  Tune in on Friday 2/3 for pics of the finished model and base.

5 comments:

  1. I like it so far! I really like the modified turret on the top! How did you go about making that? I have a couple of StormRavens still to go and would like to do something similar with the top turret.

    Take care and keep up the great work!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just the standard turret, but instead of gluing the top of the canopy on and the servitor in, I glued a bit of plasticard over were the servitor would glue in and added some detail. I will do a tutorial for it in the future as I have another one to do still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good dude, cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post with lots of usefull information. Well done!. Keep Posting
    screwdriver manufacturing pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts