Monday, January 4, 2010

First Battles of 2010, now in HD

Hey guys, Huron here. I hope you all had a fun and safe New Years celebration. I had a good time but have to admit I was quite hung over on the 1st which is weird as I quit drinking early. I blame the Absinthe. Anyways, January 2nd saw me playing in the first of many tournaments I will be participating in over the next several months, the Iron Fist League 4th Quarter/End of the year 40k tournament which was originally supposed to happen back on the 19th but was snowed out.

I have to say, though I only managed to tie all 3 games, I had a blast (though I could have used less Eldrad in 2 of my 3 games, sigh). The Griffons preformed fairly well and though I am convinced my basic tactics are solid I still think the army needs some tweaking. Fritz's recent Youtube post about thinking and playing in the future has really got me thinking so expect some new things from me in the near future relating to that.

But on to the coverage. Below you will find 4 Youtube videos. The first 3 are some intro coverage and Battle Reports for games 1, 2, and 3, for me. The 4th video is the tournament results and some after tournaments thoughts I recorded this morning. Check it out and let me know what you think.









So after recording the aftermath while I was uploading things I went around and checked out some other blogs and youtube posts. As I said before, Fritz's Youtube post about playing in the future really got me thinking and I expect it will cause me to change the armament of my tactical units some what. Right now I am looking at making them a bit more versital and may very well be mixing in some flamers in the near future, but more on that in a future post.

For now, you have my first Tuesday Tutorials in 2010 to look forward to tomorrow. I will be posting part 2 of my How to Paint Howling Griffons series, which like the rest of my videos have gone HD. I will be discussing the inital steps in painting the yellows and depending on how long the video is, as I still have to edit the raw footage, painting the base coats of the red and applying the first wash.

See you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts