Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Battle Report 3, Rematch vs Mike's Chaos + Howling Griffons Update!

Hey guys, Huron here again. It has been a while since my last battle report so I thought I would share another with you. This game is against my same opponent from the last battle report, Mike Johnson. Mike, me, and several of the other regulars at the GW Sugarland store in Sterling, VA are involved in a Challenge Pyramid. Mike is currently at the top and I am on the second tier trying to knock him off and down to the bottom so Mike and I have played a few games recently.

I have been working on fine tuning my Howling Griffons for tournament play so I have been experimenting with alternate list and different unit choices in my army. I think I have pretty much settled on the core of this build. Current I am using:

HQ
160pts Kar'sarro Khan

TROOPS
185pts (10) Tactical Marines - Combi-Meltagun, Meltagun, Multimelta
050pts Dedicated Transport: Rhino - Extra Armor

185pts (10) Tactical Marines - Combi-Meltagun, Meltagun, Multimelta
050pts Dedicated Transport: Rhino - Extra Armor

185pts (10) Tactical Marines - Combi-Meltagun, Meltagun, Missile Launcher
050pts Dedicated Transport: Rhino - Extra Armor

ELITES
240pts (6) Assault Terminators
260pts Landraider Crusader - Multimelta

That comes out to 1,365pts. What I have been struggling with is what to fill out the rest of the army with. I have tried a variety of things including Assault Squads, Bike Squads, Attack Bike Squads, and all sorts of Heavy Support vehicles. I am about 80% settled on a 10 man Assault squad with a Powerfist and Flamer as they can be a really strong choice when outflanking. Not sure just yet but right now it is a good bet they will end up in the army.

In this Battle Report, I use the above core build plus I decided to go a bit Assault Heavy adding in the 10 man Assault Squad with Jump Packs mentioned above, another 10 Man Assault Squad in a Rhino, and 6 Bikers with Meltaguns, Powerfist, and an Attack Bike with Multimelta. I hope you enjoy the Video.



Yeah, not my best strategy. I should have deployed something so I could contested one of those objectives til the rest of my army arrived. I have since changed my list to encourage just that but more on that in a future post. Expect another report soon vs Nix of The Dead Tau Project as we have a challenge game coming up. Also for those you waiting for Part 2 of my How to Paint: Howling Griffons series have no fear, Part 2 is just around the corner.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts