Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tournament Report

Hey guys, your friendly neighborhood Spiderma... Huron here. Today I have what I promised to post yesterday (Sorry, had some trouble with youtube), the full tournament report for the 2,000pt Inner Circle High Stakes Tournament and Pancake Jamboree that was held in Glen Burnie, MD on 2/21. I know the tournament has a weird sounding name but it was a lot of fun and had a very interesting format I look forward to taking part in again. Besides the prizes at the end of the event, per the usual, each game had a $10 Gift Certificate riding on it. Win Get $10, tie split the money, lose and you are out of luck. The important thing here is that it gives you something to fight for even if you have already lost your first two games and have no shot at a prize. Pretty cool if you ask me.

That said, I was disappointed that this event followed the trend surfacing now and did not include Sportsmanship or Comp scores in anyway. Also their was a prize for painting, but it was completely separate and did not effect the overall winner in anyway. I think tournaments that are run in this style really hurt the hobby, as it promotes just beating face and not competitive, fun game play with nicely built and painted armies. The army that won the whole thing had a good decent paint job at least.

Okay so here are Games 1 - 3 with the tournament results included at the end of Game 3.

Game 1


Game 2


Game 3 & Results


While as I mentions I didn't like the fact that sports and comp got dropped, and painting didn't matter for overall, I will say I had a good time and will be playing in some of the future Inner Circle events. They have a GT Qualifier coming up in July which I will be participating in most likely, as it is nice and local to me.

Since I am talking about GT Qualifiers I should mention that this weekend sees me heading to my first GT Qualifier event, the St. Valentines Day Massacre Tournament up in Media, PA. This is one of the Big 2 events I have been tweaking my Howling Griffons for and I am excited. Everything comes down to whether or not I can get the army finished in time or not. I am almost their, but it is going to be a long night tonight most likely.

Wish me luck, I will post more info on the army and hopefully some finished photos of it tomorrow.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts