Monday, December 14, 2009

How to Paint Howling Griffons, Part 1 Basecoating

Hey guys, Huron here, today I start the must asked for tutorial on how I paint my Howling Griffons. I will be going through step by step the painting process on how I achieve the rich reds and yellows, the green glows of the weapons, and how I do the weathering amongst other things. Part 1 sees me talking about base coating using an Airbrush. Now don't get intimidated, it really is much simpler then you think. I use the GW Hand Flamer and cans of spray air in this video and talk your through it, from what tools I like to have around when I spray, to how far away to hold the gun, to how to get the right mix of paint, it is all covered. Check it out.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Well that is it for part 1. Let me know what you thought. I left the video quality a bit higher which meant larger files. Any tips anyone can give me on how to do smaller files with decent enough resolution for models I am all ears.

In part 2 I will be talking about the clean up to part 1, plus sharing the secret you amazing yellows which is far simpler then you think.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts